The Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research is seeking editors in all sections (Speech, Language, and Hearing) for the term beginning January of 2023 and ending December of 2025.
Each editor for an ASHA journal manages the peer review of at least 15 submissions and their revisions per year. Each submission will likely travel through multiple rounds of review (typically two to three rounds at most). Editors are asked by the editors-in-chief to serve a multiyear term, during which the editors-in-chief rely on them to do the following:
- assign manuscripts to editorial board members (EBMs) for review;
- monitor the peer-review process to ensure fairness, timeliness, thoroughness, and civility.
The editors are empowered to make final editorial decisions regarding their assigned manuscripts after weighing comments from the reviewers.
A qualified candidate should meet the following criteria:
- have research interests in common with the Mission & Scope of the journal
- have a record of published research in scholarly journals, including serving as lead author
- be well-respected in the CSD community and be actively involved in research
- have substantial experience in reviewing manuscripts
- have a willingness to drive journal activities