The American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology (AJSLP) is a bimonthly journal that publishes clinical research pertaining to screening, detection, diagnosis, management, and outcomes of communication and swallowing disorders across the lifespan as well as the etiologies and characteristics of these disorders.
- Assigns submitted manuscripts to editorial board members for review
- Monitors the peer-review process to ensure timeliness, thoroughness, and civility
- Can recruit content, including special issues, forums, and individual articles
- Consults on knowledge translation and content enrichment opportunities
- Serves a three-year term starting January 1, 2024.
Editors should have demonstrated competence, a history of publications, and an established reputation in the research specialty (or specialties) to which they are assigned. In addition, editors should have substantial experience in reviewing manuscripts and extensive background in considerations related to the conduct and reporting of research.