Perspectives is a scholarly review journal published bimonthly that focuses on bridging the gap from research to practice and advancing knowledge translation in the discipline.
There are openings in the following Special Interest Groups:
SIG 3: Voice and Upper Airway Disorders
SIG 4: Fluency and Fluency Disorders
SIG 5: Craniofacial and Velopharyngeal Disorders
SIG 9: Pediatric Hearing and Hearing Disorders
SIG 11: Administration and Supervision
SIG 13: Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders
SIG 19: Speech Science
- Recruits content, including special content collections, forums, and individual articles, with the support of the EIC
- Assigns submitted manuscripts to editorial board members for review
- Monitors the peer-review process to ensure timeliness, thoroughness, and civility
- Consults on knowledge translation and content enrichment opportunities
- Serves a three-year term starting January 1, 2024.
Editors should have demonstrated competence, a history of publications, and an established reputation in the research specialty (or specialties) to which they are assigned. In addition, editors should have substantial experience in reviewing manuscripts and extensive background in considerations related to the conduct and reporting of research.
Editors should be an affiliate of the SIG that they are applying to serve.